Friday, October 31, 2008

I am at the library because I forgot that I got off work at 5pm today instead of 6pm. Had I known this, I would have scheduled my free brow waxing at the makeup counter in Macy's for sometime after 6 instead of 7:30.

When somone asks if you want a free brow waxing, you say "Absolutely I do!"

We wear these obnoxious headsets at work so we can be wired to every living breathing crazy second that every living breathing crazy employee is experiencing.

Today two coworkers were chatting over the wire about some unsatisfied customer looking for E-Bay books or something. Blah Blah Blah. So seconds later (at about 4:59pm when I was trying to get to the back room to clock out) a woman flags me down and I could instantly smell the crazy on her.

First she sits down and says, "I have been talking to others and they have no idea what I'm looking for."

Then she bends down and is about to pull off her shoe and sock.

Oh Jesus.

"I'm just getting over an illness and need some part time work."

Fuck.

"I met this girl in another store and she said that I should get this book that tells you how much other books are worth."

Fuck.

"She said it was small and you take it with you and you see a book that says it is $3 but then you can see on the thing that it is really worth $70."

"Do you mean a little scanner?" I am just happy that she is actually asking a question and not trying to show me her foot disease.

"Yes! Oh I'm so happy." And then crazy frizzy haired lady hugged me. Except I was holding a book across my chest so she hugged me and her gross old lady boobs rubbed up against my arms.

And then it took me five minutes and an explanation about used book sales and the douche bag entreprenurial fucks who ruin them for normal people like me with their stupid scanners buying cheap books and sell them on E-bay before I could get away from her get clocked out and gets the fuck out of there.

I hate people.

And I'm too tired to spell check this thing so read at your own risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment