Thursday, February 24, 2011

Confessions of a Reluctant Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher.

Confessions of a Reluctant Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watcher.

Hah! I typed that headline and then realized how apropos. The Watcher. Just like my boyfriend Giles, the hot, British librarian on Buffy, tasked with watching Buffy and helping her slay all the vampires in Sunnydale.


Let me start from the beginning.

Long, long, long time ago....in this galaxy and not far away from where I am now......these girls tried to make me watch Buffy.


And I refused. Because woo-hoo shit is stupid. And I term vampires, werewolves, and other gross made-up stuff as woo-hoo shit.

Then this lady tried to make me watch it. I watched the musical number, it was stupid.


And then more than a year went by.

And, under duress and due to a guilt hangover, I agreed to watch Buffy with this lady:


So for the past month or so, we've had a weekly date (a long term relationship, in my book) to watch some Buffy.

At first, I was like this:





Reluctant. Then I watched a few episodes. And I was like this:




Thinking. Thinking. Thinking. Okay. I will watch a few more episodes. Especially since we skipped all of season 1, which was especially Valley Girl lame.

Then I got to see Booth with his shirt off.

Booth!

But Booth called himself Angel and looked more like this:



And sometimes, when he was being all woo-hoo vampire-y, like this:



So  I kept watching, because Booth is hot. Even when he is gross looking. And I started to be all:






Because it was kinda scary in parts. And kind of lame in parts. And kind of funny - but mostly because Chandler was also on the show.





Except he called himself Xander.

So now we are quite a bit into the second season and it is interesting. So now I'm like this:



So even though I do not like the actress that plays Buffy.






And I still hate woo-hoo shit. But I am, reluctantly, looking forward to Thursday and more Buffy watching.


1 comment: