Tuesday, April 19, 2011

If there were a way to change my Single status on Facebook to Single with a Vengeance, I would do it.
 
I'm fighting the urge to tell you what happened, but just know this, I met a man in an elevator today who knew exactly what he wanted. And I found myself wishing I were as lucky as he
 
Today I am wearing a long flowing dress that looks like it belongs at a beach party, made for tan shoulders, paired with big sun glasses and a mojito in my hand.
 
Instead, I'm wearing a dirty grandpa sweater over it. "Nice dress," JG told me today.
 
"J, I'm wearing this dress because its the closest thing to pajamas I own that would also be appropriate for work."
 
My Pajama Jeans haven't come in the mail.
 
So despite my resolve and conviction in reentering the land of the spinsters, I find that the idea of breaking up is not as easy as I thought it would be. It still makes me sad.
 
So sad that a fucking Maroon 5 song sent me over the edge in the car the other day. Maroon 5!
 
So sad that I'm convinced the wine staff at Trader Joe's is ready and willing to sponsor me at AA.
 
So pathetic, I watched Pride & Prejudice in Spanish with French subtitles because I couldn't fix the remote.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment