Thursday, October 13, 2011

I don't think this is what she meant about plastic bags in the wind.

Today I was driving down the road when I smelled what seemed like melted glue coming out of my engine. I just got Mr. Car back from the car hospital so I was super freaked out.

I was pulling up the Rocky Butte State Park (Ian demanded I drive to the top of a mountain and it was the closet mountain like structure) so I Googled my car smells like hot glue.

I'm not the only inept person out there driving around with a car that smells of craft projects gone bad. And there was a simple answer.

 I ran over a plastic bag.



This is not the butt of my car. For several reasons. One, this car is obviously above my socioeconomic status and two, this picture was taken in 2006, or so says the time stamp. This car does correctly diagnose my problem.

Google Images is my best friend.

Do you see that black udder looking thing on the bottom of the car? I had one of those but it was white. It looked like it said Wal-mart, though by the time I climbed under my car and pried the bag off the tale pipe, it was just a funky white, yellow and blue mess.

This is one more reason why plastic bags should be banished.

Mr. Car still smells like "yucky, smelly stuff" or so said Ian over, and over, and over again as we drove home from the mountain.  We stopped briefly at the drive-thru Starbucks and Ian told the window clerk "our car smells poopy." I was trying really hard not to laugh. He is 3 and he doesn't like to be laughed at.

Also, right when we pulled up to the menu board, he started yelling "I'm hungry! I want food! I'm hungry!"

I wonder if the Starbucks people are ever tempted to call Child Protective Services.

No comments:

Post a Comment