Friday, June 15, 2012

I will do my best to make you love me, and if that doesn't work, make you laugh at me.




Would you think poorly of me if I were to sleep at the foot of my bed rather than fold this pile of clean clothes? I'm contemplating pushing it to the very edge and then curling up in the far corner with my blankets and pillows. Mondo can fend for himself (which means sleeping on my feet).


I will forever be grateful to RW for giving me this coffee mug when Borders went out of business. It is pretty much the only mug I've ever found that holds a large quantity of coffee but stops short of being large as a horse trough. Though if I were desperate enough, I'd cup my hands under the coffee dispenser and drink from my hands. There is nothing better than a great cup of coffee. Nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G. No. Not even that.


This super adorable neighborhood lending library was found in the SE Hawthorne area. If I could remember exactly where, I would tell you, but it was in the midst of a really long walk and I wasn't paying much attention to where we were. I should have mentioned this yesterday in my rant about Portland, non-traditional libraries are all the rage here.  And the surprising thing? Not a single copy of Fifty Shades of Grey.



I like walking in cemeteries. I like reading the headstones and imagining what type of people are buried below. I know I'm a creep. This particular cemetery, on Holgate and 82nd, doesn't allow you to only imagine who is buried below, you can see their picture on their headstone. I'm guessing all the Eastern European people buried here have the same headstone guy. Slate black headstones, very large, full pictures of the deceased. And sometimes, the headstone is a doubler (Ma and Pa together) but only one has actually died even though both are pictured on the headstone. Very weird.

When I die, I want the following things to happen:

1. Cremate me.
2. Have a very large party in my honor.
3. Throw my ashes into the ocean.
4. Spend as little money to accomplish all of the above as possible, which could be done the same way my Mom has asked I deal with her, throw my body in the burn barrel at home.



And now I have to go. I just pulled this out of Mondo's mouth. I'm sad to report that Velma lost her leg and now must rely on the kindness of the others to carry her to the Mystery Machine.

1 comment:

  1. Velma always got herself into trouble. Maybe now she has learned her lesson.

    ReplyDelete