Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I'm prepping for the big three two .

I've really grown up in the past year.

I'm eating less burritos. I only watch one reality TV show. Like all women of certain age, I find my interest in Angela Lansbury increasing daily.

I'm nesting. I've spent the last year taking care of my beautiful little dog Mondo (his birthday is Thursday! Don't forget to send a present.) and I'm enraged by politicians on a daily basis. I've subscribed to Real Simple magazine and actually read the articles.

It feels so nice to settle into old age so gracefully.

This past weekend I did almost absolutely nothing and I'm pretty sure it was the second best weekend of my life.

I was sick-ish on Friday night and that led to me staying in bed the rest of the weekend, though I was not sick on Saturday and Sunday. I made one trip to the Redbox to rent The Hunger Games. And then on Sunday I was heading to the Redbox to return the movie when I got an urgent call from the KL and LL as they had locked themselves out and I had their spare key. Because I had to drive past Mt Tabor to meet them, I did end up walking Mondo around the reservoir three times.

Then I got home and picked some tomatoes off the vine and also noticed that our backyard was looking a little rednecky so I ended up weeding, cleaning, and sweeping.  Two hours of rescuing and cleaning was about all I could handle and I went back to bed to watch another movie.

I'm not proud to admit that I watched The Lucky One and Pride & Prejudice back to back before passing out at 11pm.

Oh yeah. And our lawn caught on fire.

Gosh. I'm so happy I'm an old lady and can still handle all this excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment