Friday, October 11, 2013

I don't wanted to be here.

At some point in the thirty plus days since last we spoke, I turned 33.

It wasn't too long in my distant past that I looked like this:



And now this is me.




Thirty-three year old me should have my shit together and I'm sort of working on that. I'm doing adult things. Like cooking meals at home. Drinking good whiskey. Taking a Yoga class. Drinking tea.

Being an adult is fun.

And even though I'm doing pretty good at adulting, I'm still at a loss for some things.

Like I think I'm too immature for LinkedIn. I hate networking. I hate schmoozing.

After what feels like 10,304 requests to join LinkedIn, I finally got on there and tried to figure it out. But it just seems like an online resume. And if I'm not looking for a job, why am I talking about work on the interwebs?

Aside from the issues of figuring out how to use the website, I've also somehow managed to send an email to every single person I know requesting they add me as a connection. And it tells other people if you've viewed their account.

This is alarming. I like to snoop on the Internets. I don't need people knowing I've been up in their business like a low-rent Nancy Drew.

And. How am I supposed to post pictures of the dogs and my weird faces on such a serious website?


If I could figure out how to delete my account (seriously) I would do it (no seriously, someone tell me how to delete it because I looked and I'm dumb).

**update! I figured that shit out. Thank God Google. Sorry friends, adios LinkedIn.**



No comments:

Post a Comment