Friday, July 18, 2014

That smallness of all the things.



I want to leave all the bad things as distant memories that fade away from my mind until one day when I'm going through a box of pictures, or old papers, I come across something that reminds me of a time when I was unhappy. And I will look at that item and shake my head.

"What was I thinking?"

I will ask myself this.

I will ask myself, "Why did you do that?" It will have all been so silly. So easily managed. But in that moment, in that past, it seemed so big.

What was I thinking? I was thinking that the only way to go forth was the way I always had. But sometimes you have to gather the courage from inside yourself and make a change. You have to recognize the things that made you unhappy and you remove them from your life or you put them in a box so that when you see them again, you recognize them for how small they really were.

No comments:

Post a Comment