Friday, December 23, 2011

Merry Christmas

This summer I set a goal to NOT get a job until after Christmas. NOT getting a job would allow me to see family and take a break. NOT getting a job meant I could spend two major holidays with my loved ones, something denied to anyone working retail jobs.

If you had told me this summer, after I set that goal, that I would spend my Christmas vacation trying to keep my dog from eating chicken shit, then I would have probably just GOTTEN a job.

Well, probably not. But.

My Mom has seven chickens, six hens and a rooster. The chickens pretty much have the license to roam the property during the day and are locked in the hen house at night. During the day, they poop where they please. Mondo eats whatever he can find.

Poop patrol is only one of two annoying things about this Christmas vacation.

It is so damn cold. Today, 9 degrees! Nine mother-effing-degrees.

I have to wear socks all the time. I was hauling firewood down the hill to the house and it felt like the walls of my nose froze together. I fell on the ice.

Cold. The coldest I've been in years.

But tomorrow is Christmas Eve and then Christmas Day after that. So far it has a been merry (haha), merry (boozy) Christmas.

I wish you the same, but chicken poop free.

Merry Christmas.

Love, Bry
(and Mondo)

1 comment:

  1. That's a great Christmas wish -- chicken poop free Christmases for all!

    ReplyDelete