Saturday, June 23, 2012

My true colors shining through.

I am the first to admit that I've turned into one of those people who treat their pet better than they treat themselves. It is not a secret in this blog (see examples herehere, or here) that Mondo is both amazing and awful all at the same time. 

One thing that Mondo does that really, really, really gets on my nerves is whine for his wifey at night. 

If I've abruptly ended Mondo and Seeley's play time, and gone down to the basement for the night, Mondo will get really upset once he realizes that it is a) not bed time, and b) he is sequestered from his love. If it is past 10pm, he usually just puts himself to bed while I read or craft or Internet (making verbs out of proper nouns, that's how I roll). 

The other night I was watching IK, an easy enough task as he was already asleep. I was sleeping on the couch in case he woke up, which meant that Mondo and Seeley got to stay up way past their bed time and it was as if they were two pre-teens at a slumber party. 

After getting up and yelling at them several times to knock it off ("it" being fighting, growling, running around the house), I finally took matters into my own hands. 

In my defense, I was really tired, it was after midnight. 


This might be me at my laziest and I'm not proud of myself. 

There was a broom standing behind the couch, a leftover pole from a couch fort I once built for IK . I grabbed the broom and reached out to break up the dog's rambunctious endeavors. 

Now had it been Mondo alone, it would've worked. But Seeley lacks the flight part of the fight or flight response. She immediately attacked the broom. 


And then turned into a robot. 

It was at the exact moment that I took her picture that I realized what a lazy hobo I actually am. And I could see her judging me.  

What is the laziest thing you've ever done? 

I bet I could top it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment